Gentleman Tips – Modern day social rules in everyday life
What makes a man a “Gentleman”? You might have come across lot of tips, articles in the internet and have gone through hell lot of images, pages that talks about ‘Real men’, ‘Gentlemen’ etc. Your parents and teachers might have taught you some basic etiquette in your school days but, have you ever wondered that off late you have forgotten them to follow?
Somewhere jumping between the childhood kid to growing adult we forget the common sense and basic rules of life and get lost in building career, family etc.
We forcefully go through the interview tips; building skills and a lot more to get a job make a good impression. How to date, how to impress a girl blah blah.. But, have you ever wondered these gentle men tips are to be adapted and not followed? You don’t really need to follow them but keep in mind and act according to the situation.
Can you list few of the gentlemen tips from your brain memory without using Google? We have listed a few Gentlemen tips to be followed and make a checklist to follow them.
- Its not always the ‘Ladies- first’ rule. Whoever comes first, gets the door first.
- Money making is a possession in anyone’s life. But don’t brag in front of everyone.
- Wait until you get a chance to speak. Never interrupt just to make your point. Never.
- You might have made great effort in cooking a delicious food for your guests. But don’t force them to eat ‘em all.
- Restrict your hours for Business calls/Text.
- State your name on the phone call
- Keep work voice mail brief
- Turn your phone silent at work, conference, seminars.
- Don’t let guests drive drunk
- Remove your shades, earbuds while you speak to someone.
- Always ask if it is good time to chat/talk.
- Always ask “can I smoke” when you are with someone.
- Remember that if you feel a need to respond immediately to every incoming text, you’ll lose more in the eyes of the person who’s in front of you.
- Spend valuable time with your dear ones. You can check your phone anytime later.
- Never mock at someone’s grammar or accent (esp in the group of people). Instead, smile and correct it.
- Don’t scan someone’s phone when they give it to you to check something. Never dig into their personal stuffs.
- Never skip to pay the bill. Don’t take the complete responsibility either. Always offer to share the bill.
- How’d you feel when someone continuously stares at you?? Creepy right? A ‘hi’ is much better than a staring.
- It’s a common saying that there’s no sorry or thanks between friends. But sometimes a sorry saves a relationship and complimentary thanks makes someone feel much closer to you.
- Never point out on someone’s physical appearance like their acne, sun tan or a grey hair. It hurts!
- Make a habit of talking over the phone in lower tone. Never use a speaker in the public.
- Never treat the people based on their earnings or their job designations. Treat everyone equally.
We are happy if you already are following these. If not, its not too late to follow. Lets make world a better place. Be a man. A gentleman.
Peace out – Hungry Bachelors
Please follow and like us: